Lindsey Adelman Studio is seeking an experienced NYC-based Sales Associate to work with our trade and public clients in a creative and fast paced environment. This is an outreach position for a highly motivated individual who will be based out of our Manhattan showroom. This person will act as a representative of our brand focusing on lighting.
- Achieve sales objectives by developing and building client relationships
- Demonstrate knowledge of the company’s brand and product information
- Complete a minimum of approximately 5 client meetings per week at client offices or our Manhattan showroom
- Reach monthly sales targets as defined by management
- Cover all aspects of a sale (from initial quote to post-order follow up)
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the company in a variety of contexts
- Assist with improving our sales process
- Complete other work related duties as dictated by the business and management
- Positive, engaged, and self-motivated attitude
- Readily available for client inquiries
- Strong customer service skills
- The ability to create and maintain productive relationships with colleagues and clients
- Prior experience in sales or working with architecture and/or interior design
- Proficient computer skills, Microsoft NAV Dynamics and CRM knowledge is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Some background with lighting and design objects is desirable, but not required for an excellent sales candidate
At Lindsey Adelman studio you will have the opportunity to work in an empowering and one of a kind studio culture filled with best in class talent. Lindsey Adelman Studio provides medical, dental and vision insurance for employees. All full-time employees receive 3 weeks (15 days) paid vacation and 1 week (5 days) paid sick leave, annually. A 401k retirement plan is also to all full-time employees after 1 year of employment. The studio also offers a unique workshop program. After 1 year of employment, employees are able to form of a weeklong workshop in a structured setting with an instructor on an approved topic of their choice.
Founded in 2006, our studio’s signature aesthetic was born with the release of our very first product: the Branching Bubble chandelier, which combines the organic nature of blown glass with more rational, machined components. Since then, we have explored that visual tension throughout a range of products and disciplines. Lighting design is at the core of what we do, but we also work with an expanded materials palette, indulging our preoccupation with a room’s oft-neglected spaces, to create products ranging from concrete tiles to wallpaper. We design, prototype, and build in our New York and Los Angeles studios, and we work with local manufacturers to develop and produce custom parts. Forms and ideas evolve collaboratively through 1:1 model-making and testing. With skill and care, our team of 40+ and a small network of local artisans manufacture each piece.